Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Home > FAQ

Request your FREE Removal Quote Now

Contact Links Removals   

End of Tenancy Cleaning Service 

Quick Links 


There are many questions around the removals process. After years of experience we have put together the most popular questions asked and the answers for your reference.

If you have a question that has not been answered below please contact us and we will be happy to help.

What time should I expect the removal vehicle on removal day?

Unless you have been told otherwise the vehicle will arrive between 8.30am and 9am and this is largely dependant upon traffic on the day(s) of removal. In the event that the vehicle does run late you will informed by your moving manager via telephone or email

How much space should I allocate for parking?

Our vehicles are between 18 and 40 feet long dependant on the vehicle booked. It is always best to allocate more space than we will need, for easy access. If you are in a particularly difficult area then consideration for turning into your road or driveway may need to be addressed. This is relevant to both the property you are moving from and the property you are moving into. Vehicle access will be discussed with your moving manage prior to your moving date.

How do I arrange parking in a permit holder/prohibited area?

It is usually the local authority (council) that deals with this matter. Telephone numbers are different for each area, directory enquiries will be able to assist you with telephone numbers.

Access may be difficult at my new premises, what should I do?

Your quotation is based upon good access at both premises. As soon as you know that access may be difficult at the new premises you must tell us immediately. We will then have the opportunity to visit the premises and assess this ourselves and make adjustments accordingly. If you are moving out of your current area and it would not be practical for us to visit your new premises please find out from your vendor who is moving them out of their property and we can contact them for details of access.

How should I pack pictures and mirrors?

Pictures and mirrors should be bubble packed and inserted into a picture crates. Mirrors with plaster of paris frames should ideally have a wooden case made to measure in addition to bubble pack. Oil paintings should not be bubble packed directly but covered in an export blanket first then bubble packed and finally placed into a picture crate. All of the materials suggested here are available from Links Removals.

Should I unpack my chest of drawers?

You will need to take out any heavy or breakable items such as magazines or perfumes. Light items such as T-shirts or underwear may be left in the drawers provided the unit is sturdy enough. Self assembly furniture does not respond well to moving so this type of furniture must only be moved while completely empty.

Will you unplumb my washing machine and dishwasher or disconnect my cooker?

Our members of staff are neither qualified of insured to carry out this activity. If you are not confident with unplumbing any of your white goods it is best to call a plumber to do this. Similarly an electrician is the best person to disconnect your electric cooker.

Should I flat-pack my self assembly furniture?

The official advice on this is yes you should flat pack all self assembly furniture. If. however, you decide to have our staff move these items in an erect state you must be aware that we cannot take responsibility for their safe transit. You will also be responsible for the protection of flat packed furniture, ideally with bubble pack, due to the large number of sharp fitting that usually protrude from this type of furniture.

How should I pack my television?

It is always best to move these items in the original packaging. This is usually available from your local electrical dealer for a small charge. If you cannot obtain the original packaging then standard packing materials must be used such as bubble pack, heavy duty crates and export blankets for your television.

Do I need to defrost my freezer?

For clients that are moving on multiple days this is compulsory. If your removal is to take place on one day only you may leave your freezer cold but take the frozen goods in ‘cool bags’ yourself. If you decide to leave goods in your freezer our staff cannot be liable for either the frozen goods or indeed the freezer itself. Whilst the freezer may seem a heavy duty piece of equipment they are easily damaged if they are moved whilst full.

How do I pack my clothes?

Clothes from drawers and shelves should be placed either into cartons or utility bags. Hanging garments will be places onto garment carriers on the day of the removal by our staff. (Please ensure that all top buttons are ‘done up’ and hangers all face the same way). If you are flat packing your wardrobes it may be necessary to purchase some temporary wardrobes or wardrobe cartons.

What should I do with my jewellery and valuables?

Under no circumstances should any jewellery, valuables, documents or monies be submitted for removal. Our insurance policy specifically excludes these items and they are safest if transported by you.

What should I do with my gas cylinders or flammable liquids?

Gas cylinders cannot be transported on our vehicles. Flammable liquids, however contained, must not be submitted for removal either. Equipment such as garden mowers and chainsaws should be drained of all liquids beforehand.

What should I do with my gas cylinders or flammable liquids?

Gas cylinders cannot be transported on our vehicles. Flammable liquids, however contained, must not be submitted for removal either. Equipment such as garden mowers and chainsaws should be drained of all liquids beforehand.

What about my pets?

It can be a very distressing and confusing time for pets during your move. For this reason they are best left either with a relative or at a boarding kennel for the duration of your removal. 

Does my furniture get placed to my requirements?

It is always best if you have a clear idea of where you want your furniture to be placed. Our staff will endeavour to arrange the rooms to your liking but will not have the time to rearrange your room multiple times.

Will you empty my loft?

Our insurance does not cover our staff for this activity. It is also inherently time consuming and that does not lend itself to a swift, smooth relocation. It is best if you place all loft items into a spare bedroom or garage before removals day. This also gives you ample opportunity to sort and pack these items.

How much notice do you require?

Our company operates on a first come-first served basis. If you expect to move on a Friday or at the end of a month you will need to offer more notice that for a mid week, mid month relocation. Therefore, directly you are given an idea of dates then telephone for availability and formally book your removal as soon as the date is confirmed.

Will you accept a provisional booking?

No, we can only accept a confirmed booking.

How do I book my relocation?

Once you are given a removal date you must telephone to confirm that we have appropriate resources available to relocate you. We will then expect your acceptance of quotation and a 25% deposit within 2 working days. If your acceptance and deposit are not received within this time then the vehicle will be released and you may not be able to re-book. In the event that you are given less than 3 days notice for your relocation you maybe expected to visit our head office to deliver your acceptance form and make full payment by cleared funds.

When do I pay for my removal?

Payment is required in full at the time of booking. The only exception being where we have a solicitor's letter confirming payment of our charges on completion of a house sale/purchase. Payment may be made online via our secure website or taken over the phone at the time of booking.

Can I take my pot plants?

Yes, you can. Provided that all items that you want to be moved have been shown to your move manager, you can take any garden plants that you require. You must ensure that the pots are cleaned prior to the relocation and that ‘prickly’ plants are pruned and/or tied up to prevent injury. Also earthenware pots are prone to cracking after they have been exposed to frost and we can take no responsibility for their safe transit.

What does a full household pack consist of?

If you purchase a full household pack then as the name suggests we will pack everything that requires packing. The only area you will have to accommodate yourself is perishable food and opened packets/jars/tins/bottles and to remove any fixtures and fitting that you wish to take with you. There is no need to purchase a china and glass pack in addition. This service does not include the dismantling or reassembly of furniture.

What does a glass pack consist of?

This service is aimed at clients who wish to have their breakables professionally packed for safe transit. Any items that would smash if dropped such as ornaments, plates, cups saucers, pictures and mirrors are accommodated by this service.

How will you move my computer?

In the absence of original packaging a specialist computer crate and anti-static bubble pack would be used. You will, however, be expected to decommission the computer ahead of time and ensure the ‘bundling’ of all leads and connectors.